Pasta is considered one of the most delicious and easy-to-cook recipes. This is loved all over the world because of its luscious taste, and it also needs not to take much time to cook.
You can also cook it in the microwave, which is very simple and quick to cook in. In case you need to cook for two or three people, you can go for this easy method.
Most people have this question in their mind about how to cook pasta in the microwave. The answer to this is just that you need to follow some of the basic steps, which just take about 15 minutes.
Can You Cook Pasta in the Microwave?
In case you love to eat pasta and want to prepare it in less time, then you can try a simple and quick method. Yes, you can cook pasta in the microwave, which is very easy to do.
All you need to do is just learn about its simple procedure, and you are there to have mouth-watering pasta. For knowing about how to cook pasta in the microwave you need to follow the basic steps.
The answer lies in knowing its procedure to its fullest. If you want to have simple and quick pasta, then you can go for the basic one. But if you want to enjoy some more taste, then you choose variations to cook, which can be the cheesy one or veggies one.
How to Cook Pasta in the Microwave?
The steps for making pasta in the microwave are easy, and the ingredients you need are not too many. So you just need to follow these basic steps to enjoy the delicious pasta in less time.
- Pasta as per your choice, as there are variations available
- Black pepper
- Oil – olive or as of your preference
- Sauces if you like, and these can be pizza sauce, pasta sauce, or any other
- First, take a bowl size as per the quantity of your pasta and then add water to it.
- The water should be enough to completely cover the pasta.
- There is no hard and fast rule for water, but you can take 2 cups of water for 1 cup of pasta.
- After that, put the bowl in the microwave and let it boil for about 5 minutes.
- Then check the pasta; if it is ready, then move further, and if you still need to cook more, keep it for one more minute.
- Make sure that it should not be overcooked.
- After it’s cooked, take out the bowl and stir it.
- Drain out the excess water if still, the water is present in it.
- Add butter; stir well until it gets melted.
- Finally, add black pepper and your favorite sauce and mix it.
- Serve and enjoy your mouth-watering pasta.
Thus by knowing these steps, you surely got your answer on how to cook pasta in the microwave.
Variations of Pasta in a Microwave
The pasta can be cooked in different variations, and these can also be cooked in the microwave. There are some of the most basic yet delicious pasta variations which you definitely should know about.
Cheese and Mac Pasta
You can also prepare Mac and cheese pasta in the microwave that too in a simple manner. You just need some more ingredients along with the basic pasta ingredients. All the below-mentioned ingredients are added.
- Milk – 1/3 cup
- Cornstarch – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Shredded cheese – 1/3 cup
- Simply follow the steps mentioned above for cooking basic pasta.
- After the pasta is cooked, add cornstarch, milk, and cheese.
- Then stir well and put it again in the microwave, and cook for about one and a half minutes.
- Just take it out and enjoy your luscious cheese pasta.
Cream Cheese Pasta
The cream cheese is almost the same as cheese and Mac pasta, but it’s creamier than that. For those who like cheesy pasta, then this would be perfect for them. The ingredients for this would be added along with the ingredients of basic pasta.
- Shredded cheese – cream cheese and some parmesan cheese also
- Oregano and red chili flakes
- First, follow the basic steps of a basic pasta recipe.
- Then add cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and double cream.
- After that, sprinkle salt, oregano, and red chili flakes.
- Stir it well and put it in the microwave for another 1 minute.
- Take it out and enjoy the creamiest pasta.
The tuna pasta is full of veggies, and it is considered healthy. So along with the basic pasta ingredients, you need the below-mentioned additional ingredients.
- Chopped veggies – carrots, peas, capsicums, beans, or any other vegetables which you like
- Tuna flakes, red chili flakes, and oregano
- Mayonnaise – 1 tablespoon
- Follow the basic steps mentioned above for simple pasta.
- To having this pasta to be tastier, make sure that the pasta is well cooked.
- Drain out the excess water after cooking it.
- Then add your favorite chopped veggies into it.
- After that, sprinkle salt, tuna flakes, oregano, and red chili flakes, and then adds mayonnaise.
- Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Finally, serve and enjoy your favorite veggie pasta.
Can You Cook Pasta in a Mug?
Along with the basic question of how to cook pasta in the microwave, many people also ask about cooking it in a mug. The answer to this is yes, and you can cook the pasta in a mug. It’s a great idea to get pasta more quickly. To do so, make sure you use a mug that is wide in size.
Just use the same ingredients and the same process, but this time instead of a bowl, you are using the mug. Just remember one thing that doesn’t fill the mug at a time to get the best results. This could be useful if you want to have some late-night snacks.
How Do I Reheat Pasta Without Drying It Out?
The microwave makes it simple to reheat cooked pasta without drying it out. Both plain cooked pasta and pasta with sauce can be prepared using this technique.
In a bowl or container that can go in the microwave, add 1-2 teaspoons of water. Pasta should be added, then covered with a lid or a paper towel. Stirring every 30 to 60 seconds while heating on high power.